by Julie Ann Madden
Four of the eight youth chosen for the 2012 Plymouth County Fair Royalty Court are from Akron and Westfield.
At the coronation ceremony July 25 in Pioneer Village at the Plymouth County Fairgrounds, the following were selected:
• Fair Queen: Annabelle Banks, daughter of Robyn and Chad Banks of Westfield and sponsored by the Lucky Liberty Lopers 4-H Club;
• Fair Princesses: Mollie Renken of Le Mars and Sierra Steurman of Sioux City.
• Miss Congeniality: Whitney Zenk, daughter of Donna and Fred Zenk of Akron and sponsored by the Perry Pals 4-H Club;
• Fair King: Grady Farrer, son of Candice and Steve Farrer of Hinton;
• Fair Princes: Dominick Foley, son of Cindy and David Foley of Le Mars and sponsored by the Akron-Westfield FFA; and Scott Schroeder of Le Mars.
• Mr. Personality: Adam Kroksh, son of Deb and Randy Kroksh of Akron and sponsored by the Akron-Westfield FFA.
Other local youth competing included Kristen Foley, daughter of Barb and David Foley of Akron and sponsored by Johnson Juniors 4-H Club; Brooke Jockisch, duaghter of Camille and Bob Lehman of rural Ireton and sponsored by the Remsen Ramblers 4-H Club; Kellie O’Byrne, daughter of Barbara and Michael O’Byrne of Westfield and sponsored by the Akron-Westfield FFA; and Emily Vondrak, daughter of Joni and Chris Vondrak of Sioux City and sponsored by the Johnson Juniors 4-H Club.
The eight in the Royalty Court will reign until next year’s fair coronation ceremony. They will represent Plymouth County in many activities over the next year, including parade appearances. The fair queen will compete in the Iowa State Fair Queen Contest.