by Julie Ann Madden
Westfield’s second barn quilt has been delivered to Westfield City Hall.
Westfield councilors had commissioned this 8’ x 8’ wooden barn quilt with the “Fisherman Boy” pattern.
Their first barn quilt is of the Sunbonnet Sue pattern and is hung on the west side of the Plymouth County Loess Hills Visitors Center on Union Street, which is the town’s main street.
At their Nov. 1 meeting, the councilors unanimously approved donating $50 to the Johnson Juniors 4-H Club because the club’s members had painted this barn quilt.
Now, city officials will have this barn quilt hung next to the other one.
In other business, the Council:
• Learned the water tower inspection had not happened due to the inspectors not being able to come as previously scheduled.
It was suggested to wait until Spring to do this now as it was too cold to do it without the possibility of having problems with freezing in the water system.
• Was informed the City Hall furnace had needed repairs costing about $200 plus labor charges.
• Received a Junior League of Sioux City grant application and declined to participate.
• Unanimously approved the August 2012 Treasurer’s Report completed by former City Clerk Barbette Grimm.
• Noted the city’s cleanup days were Nov. 2 – 4.
• Was informed there was no new news on the Westfield School building as city officials hadn’t heard from City Attorney Scott Bixenman.