by Steve Peterson
Plymouth County Supervisors’ Fiscal Year 2013-2014 budget is under consideration.
The future schedule of budget meetings, all open to the public, will be the following:
• Jan. 22: Supervisors to set and approve March 5 at 10:00 a.m. for the budgetary public hearing. Elected officials/department heads may be present at the budget workshop to answer supervisors’ questions.
• Feb. 5: Is the last day to have a supervisors’ budget workshop for final budget changes.
• Feb. 13: Auditor to give proposed budget notice to all newspapers to prepare for publication. All four county newspapers will publish Proposed Budget & Hearing Notices once during the week of Feb. 18 – 22, per State Code, requiring notices be published no more than 20 but not less than 10 days prior to the Budget Hearing.
• March 5: at 10:00 a.m., the Public Hearing and Adoption of the FY 2013-2014 Budget.
• March 12: Second chance for Budget Hearing and adoption date if needed due to public input and changes from the week before.
• March 15: The last day for Auditor’s Office to file budget electronically with the State of Iowa.
Meetings are open to the public. Regular meetings begin at 9:30 a.m. each Tuesday at Plymouth County Courthouse, 215 Fourth Ave., SE, Le Mars.