There will be 19 Akron-Westfield students competing at the Iowa High School Speech Association’s state competition, which will be held March 9 in Algona.
The Akron-Westfield students competed in the District Individual Events Speech Contest Feb. 23. The event was held at the Akron-Westfield School.
All contestants who received a Superior “I” rating will compete in the state competition.
A-W students’ results are as follows:
• Hunter Armstrong, Expository Address, I;
• Katie Black, Poetry, I;
• Dominick Foley, Storytelling, I;
• Kristen Foley, Poetry, I;
• Alex Franker, Prose, I;
• Alec Heeren, Review, I;
• Anastasia Hoffer, Prose, I;
• Eliza Kjar, Solo Musical Theatre, I;
• Kali Kriener, Acting, I;
• Adam Kroksh, Acting, I;
• Maggi Liebetrau, Prose, I;
• Emily Meerdink, Expository Address and Literary Program, both I’s;
• Kellie O’Byrne, Poetry, I;
• Maddy Rife, Acting and Storytelling, both I’s.
• Carla Robinson, Prose, I;
• Ryleigh Schnell, Public Address, I;
• Jaclyn Smith, Improvisation, I;
• Kelcie Wakeman, Literary Program, II;
• Cali Westergard, Expositiory Address, I; and
• Jessen Wood, Storytelling, I.
The final Individual Events Speech honors will be presented at an All-State Festival March 25 at the University of Northern Iowa at Cedar Falls.