by Steve Peterson
West Sioux School Board approved several appointments for spring and summer work. All appointments were by a 5-0 vote at the April 15 regular board meeting.
• Tiffany Millikan for High School Co-Head Girls Soccer Coach, a salary of $1,145 and Martha Rehder, High School Co-Head Girls Soccer Coach, a salary of $1,069.
• Larry Gregg and Trent Richards as Elementary Summer Computer Camp staff, both for $3,361 salaries.
• Renae Brown, Jackie McManaman and Lila Richards for Elementary Summer School teachers, all at a salary of $3,361 individually.
• Ben Bouza, Middle School and High School Summer School teacher at a salary of $3,361.
• Nancy Perrin, Middle School and High School Summer School teacher at a salary of $2,902.
• Shannon Chaffin, Middle School and High School associate at a salary of $11.36 per hour.
• Annette White, Middle School and High School associate at a salary of $12.80 per hour.
• Jim Hansen and Wayne Noelck, Drivers’ Education instructors, at salaries not to exceed $5,968, based upon $170.54 per student with a maximum of 35 students with contracts amended based on the number of students enrolled.
• Approved six Summer custodian positions.
• Approved, by a 5-0 vote, the resignation of Summer School teacher Carrie Thonstad, who is Elementary Principal and Summer School Coordinator.
• In other business school board members approved four open enrollment requests to the Akron-Westfield Community School.
At another meeting, April 29, the board approved an early start waiver request for 2013-2014 school year. The first day for students will be Aug. 15.