By Steve Peterson
West Sioux School Board members approved hiring of four teachers for the 2013-2014 school year.
The new hires were by unanimous vote, 5-0, at the July 15 school board meeting. They are:
• Shannon Chaffin as Transitional Kindergarten teacher;
• Nic Engleman as Talented And Gifted teacher;
• Tyler Omundson as Kindergarten/First Grade teacher; and
• Carrie Wilkison as Second/Third Grade Multi-age teacher.
Salaries for the above four staff members will be $35,555, based on Bachelor of Arts Degree – Step 0 of the 2013-2014 regular salary schedule.
• For custodial staff Jeff, Schurman was hired at a pay rate of $11.87 per hour based on the 2013-2014 non-certified staff schedule.
• Dave Schweder was hired as Head Girls Basketball coach at a 2013-2014 Special Assignment salary of $3,754.61. Schweder, of Sioux City, replaces Dennis Weerheim.
• Rachel Mutterer, a staffer at the Ireton West Sioux day care, was hired as day care director at a salary of $11.04 per hour.
• In resignations, Mary Johnson resigned as advisor to Falcon Joe’s, and Mollie Koopmans resigned as Middle School girls basketball coach.