The Akron-Westfield PTA was organized to support students, teachers, and the school district with their educational goals.
PTA members have volunteered to help staff on picture day, the last day of school, and at the school carnival.
The A-W PTA organizes fundraisers throughout the year.
Proceeds from fundraisers have been used for:
• Buying computer iPads and Guided Reading books for elementary students;
• Funding presentation boards for the fourth graders to be able to complete their state board projects;
• Paying for a presentation with live animals: “The Wonders of the Rainforest;”
• Purchasing supplies for classrooms and student field trips;
• Providing meals for teachers during Parent-Teacher conferences and special treats for all school employees to let them know how much they are greatly appreciated;
• Giving healthy snacks to students during Iowa Assessment testing and
• Purchasing end-of-the-year treats for students.
The Akron-Westfield PTA has monthly meetings to discuss students’ and teachers’ needs, and to plan and organize fundraisers.
PTA membership and involvement doesn’t take too much time away from your family, but can make a huge impact on the students, teachers, and school district!
All Westerners: parents, grandparents, friends of the school district, and alumni — You — can be a part of this great group by joining the Akron-Westfield PTA.
The yearly membership is $20. Membership fees are due Friday, May 23.
Contact Jessica Meinen to join and/or ask questions! 712-568-2110 or email@example.com.